Ask West Australians for their favourite childhood holiday destination and an overwhelming majority will tell you ‘Rotto’.
They share memories of carefree hours spent biking from bay to bay, feeds of delicious freshly caught lobster and the wonderful taste of an ice cream cone after snorkelling and swimming all day in crystal clear waters. Rottnest Fast Ferries has managed to capture the nostalgia of a visit to Rottnest Island in their just-released The Best of Rotto – The Local Experience package.
As the only WA-owned and operated Rottnest ferry company, Rottnest Fast Ferries knows how the locals like it on WA’s favourite island and they’ve hand-picked their top experiences.
The Best of Rotto – The Local Experience package is $145 per adult ($140 concession) for a full day’s adventure and includes:
- Return ferry transfers from Hillarys Boat Harbour (options from 7.30am departure – 4.30pm return and 7pm return on Fridays – check website for latest schedule).
- A hire bike purpose-built for Rottnest Island to discover its stunning beaches and bays.
- Bike guide map providing three local trails.
- A Cray Dog from The Lane Café chock full of delicious Rottnest Island Western Rock Lobster meat (alternatives available).
- A famous Simmo’s ice cream.
- Locally-roasted coffee on the morning ferry.
Rottnest Fast Ferries also provides a free daily courtesy coach from various hotels around Perth CBD, Northbridge, Crown Precinct and Scarborough for the 10am ferry departure.
To make a booking and find out more visit rottnestfastferries.com.au and click on ‘tours and packages’.
- The Lane’s Cray Dog is trademarked, so it’s the only place able to use this name.
- Simmo’s ice cream has been serving delicious West Australian ice cream for more than 25 years and was once voted in The Top 15 Ice Creameries in the World by USA Today!
- Rottnest Island is an A-Class Reserve and has a whopping 63 of the prettiest beaches you’re likely to see anywhere, 20 beautiful bays and almost no cars on just 19km2.